Are you drawing up plans to build the home of your dreams? As a local construction loan lender, SENB Bank has built a reputation on responsible lending practices in the Quad Cities and Stateline regions. Our experienced construction lenders provide a hands-on approach at every step of the way, from the architect’s plans to the final certificate of occupancy. Together, we can turn your plans into a place you can call your own. We have everything you need to build your house from the ground up, and we’ll have the long-term end financing available when your home is completed.
Start building your dream home – today
What is a construction loan?
A home construction loan provides short-term financing while your new home is in the building process. You can pay interest only to keep construction affordable and then convert to a more permanent home mortgage option once your dream house is move-in ready. We’ll work with your contractor to schedule draws on the account at convenient intervals to keep things moving along.
What are the benefits of construction financing?
- Potentially lower interest rate than other types of loans
- Can be converted to a conventional mortgage
- Covers a variety of expenses such as land, architect fees, labor and materials, and more
- Interest-only payments during construction make it more affordable
What are the different types of construction loans?
- New construction loan: Short-term financing disbursed in installments
- Home renovation loan: Purchase a “fixer-upper” and wrap the renovation costs into a permanent mortgage
- Construction-to-permanent: We help you to convert the construction loan into a long-term financing choice that fits your needs and goals
Partner with SENB Bank to build your new home and you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive interest rates and flexible payment options
- Interest-only payments during construction
- Local decisions and a quick, easy application process
Recent Blog Posts
The village of Roscoe is located in Winnebago County in North Central Illinois, close to the Wisconsin border and 80 miles west of Chicago. Commuters…
While wisdom would suggest that it is advantageous to pay off your home loan, careful planning allows you to capitilize on your home equity.